1. “As a candle cannot burn without fire, so men cannot live without a spiritual life.”
2. "Our Father refreshes us on the journey with some pleasant inns, but will not encourage us to mistake them for home."
3. “Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows; it empties today of its strength.”
Corrie ten Boom
4. "If you believe in a God who controls the big things, you have to believe in a God who controls the little things. It is we, of course, to whom things look "little" or "big."
Thougts About God
5. "Unforgiveness is like drinking poison and hoping the other person dies."
6. “When one door closes, another opens, but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one that has opened for us.”
Alexander Graham Bell
7. "It is possible to be happy withough having perfect health . . . Thank goodness my happiness doesn't come from my joints, but from my heart."
8. In ordinary life we hardly realize that we receive a great deal more than we give, and that it is only with gratitude that life becomes rich.
9. Each day is a brand new opportunity to be Jesus to the world.
10. "Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experiences of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, vision cleared, ambition inspired and success achieved."